Call for Abstract
24th International Conference on Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, will be organized around the theme “Exploring the new heights of excellence in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery”
Cardio-thoracic Surgery 2018 is comprised of 20 tracks and 123 sessions designed to offer comprehensive sessions that address current issues in Cardio-thoracic Surgery 2018.
Submit your abstract to any of the mentioned tracks. All related abstracts are accepted.
Register now for the conference by choosing an appropriate package suitable to you.
Cardiology is a branch of medicine that deals with disorders of the heart as well as parts of the circulatory system. The field includes medical diagnosis and treatment of the congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, heart failure, electrophysiology and valvular heart disease. Physicians who specialize in this field of medicine are called cardiologists. Paediatric cardiologists are paediatricians who specialize in cardiology. Physicians who specialize in cardiac surgery are called cardiac surgeons or cardiothoracic surgeons, a specialty of general surgery. All the cardiologists study the disorders of heart, but the study of child and adult heart disorders are in different pathways , Cardiology are concerned with the normal functionality of the heart and deviation from an healthy heart. Many disorders involve the heart itself but some are outside of the heart and inside the vascular system.
- Track 1-1Pediatric cardiology
- Track 1-2General cardiology for nurses and allied professionals
- Track 1-3Lipodology
- Track 1-4Pregnancy Hypertension
- Track 1-5Basic sciences
- Track 1-6Interventional cardiology
- Track 1-7Arrhythmology and Electrophysiology
- Track 1-8Heart Regeneration
- Track 1-9Grown up congenital heart disease
- Track 1-10Acute Heart Failure
- Track 1-11Chronic Heart Failure
- Track 1-12Heart failure
- Track 1-13Hypertension
Cardiac surgery / cardiovascular surgery is surgery on the heart or great vessels which is performed by cardiac surgeons. It is often used to treat ischemic heart disease (coronary artery bypass grafting); to correct congenital heart disease or to treat valvular heart disease from various causes, including endocarditis, atherosclerosis and rheumatic heart disease. It also includes heart transplantation. Traditional heart surgery, often called as open-heart surgery which is done by opening the chest wall to operate the heart. Another type of heart surgery is known as off-pump or beating heart surgery. The results of heart surgery in adults are excellent. Heart surgery can reduce symptoms and improve the quality of life.
- Track 2-1Open heart surgery
- Track 2-2Echocardiography
- Track 2-3Blockages in the heart valve
- Track 2-4Cardio Thoracic Surgery
- Track 2-5Cardiac surgery for nurses and allied professionals
- Track 2-6New technologies in Cardiac Surgery
- Track 2-7Mechanical & Transplantation Circulatory Support
- Track 2-8Trans catheter technologies
- Track 2-9Congenital heart defect
- Track 2-10Congestive heart failure
- Track 2-11Minimally invasive cardiac surgery
- Track 2-12Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Track 2-13Heart transplant
- Track 2-14Thrombectomy
Interventional cardiology is a branch of cardiology that deals specifically with the catheter based treatment of structural heart diseases. Andreas Gruentzig is considered the father of interventional cardiology after the development of angioplasty by interventional radiologist Charles Dotter. An interventional cardiologist has a specialty in cardiovascular medicine and manages diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Track 3-1Angioplasty
- Track 3-2Valvuloplasty
Heart conditions that include diseased vessels, structural problems, and blood clots called as Cardiovascular diseases or Heart disease. Atherosclerosis is a condition which develops when a substance called plaque builds up in the walls of the arteries. Heart attack occurs when the blood flow to a part of the heart which get blocked by a clot. Cardiothoracic surgeons operate on diseases which occur in the organs inside the chest and in the bony structures.
- Track 4-1Coronary Artery Disease
- Track 4-2Oesophageal Disorders
- Track 4-3Lung Cancer
- Track 4-4Oesophageal cancer
- Track 4-5Cardiovascular Diseases
- Track 4-6Paediatric Heart Diseases
- Track 4-7Myocardial-Pericardial disease
- Track 4-8Pericardial diseases
- Track 4-9Valvular heart disease
- Track 4-10Stroke
The branch of medical science concerned with children and their diseases. A paediatric cardiologist is a paediatrician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating children's cardiac problems. Evaluation and treatment may begin with the foetus since heart problems can now be detected before birth.
The division of the Cardiovascular medicine is committed to the higher levels of the patient care, development and discovery of better treatments for cardiovascular diseases. Cardiovascular is related to the circulatory system, which comprises the heart and blood vessels which carries nutrients and oxygen to the tissues of the body and removes carbon dioxide and other wastes from them. Cardiovascular diseases are conditions which affect the heart and blood vessels.
- Track 7-1Cardiovascular Nursing
- Track 7-2Paediatric Cardiology
- Track 7-3Cardiovascular Surgeries
- Track 7-4Cardiovascular Alternative Medicine
- Track 7-5Cardiovascular Toxicity and Cancer Treatments
- Track 7-6Emergency Medicine
- Track 7-7Diagnosis tests & Procedures in Cardiology
- Track 7-8Cardiovascular Industries Market Research
Thoracic surgery repairs injured or tissues and diseased organs in the thoracic cavity. The thoracic cavity lies between the neck and diaphragm & contains the heart and lungs, trachea, pleura, esophagus, diaphragm ,mediastinum, and chest wall. Cardiothoracic surgery also includes the disorders of pericardium and heart. Lung Cancer , reflux esophagitis, esophageal cancer , lung transplantation, emphysema and Blunt chest trauma, are just a few of many clinical indications for thoracic surgery. Lung cancer is the most frequent indication for the thoracic surgery.
- Track 8-1Lung surgery
- Track 8-2Segmental resection
- Track 8-3Hiatal hernias
- Track 8-4Thoracotomy
- Track 8-5Pulmonary Tuberculosis
- Track 8-6Mediastinal tumor
- Track 8-7Trauma
- Track 8-8Oesophageal Surgery
- Track 8-9Surgery For Emphysema
- Track 8-10Lung Cancer
- Track 8-11Lung Transplantation
- Track 8-12Open surgery methods
- Track 8-13Minimally invasive surgeries
- Track 8-14oesophageal Disorders
- Track 8-15Oesophageal Cancer
Lung diseases are disorders or infections that affect lungs and cause breathing problems. Some may lead to respiratory failure. pulmonary diseases includes Respiratory diseases, Pulmonary Hypertension, Respiratory Failure and Restrucitve Lung Disease.
- Track 9-1Acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Track 9-2Respiratory failure
- Track 9-3Restrictive lung disease.
- Track 9-4Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Track 9-5Obstructive lung disease
- Track 9-6Pulmonary hypertension
- Track 9-7Tuberculosis
The term lung disease refer to many disorders affecting the lungs such as asthma and COPD infections like influenza, tuberculosis, and lung cancer, pneumonia and many other breathing problems. Some lung diseases can also lead to respiratory failure.
Robotic surgery is the type of minimally invasive surgery which means instead of operating on patients through large incisions, miniaturized surgical instruments are used which fit through a series of quarter-inch incisions. Robotic surgery allows doctors to perform many complex procedures with more flexibility, precision and control. Robotic surgery is new and exciting emerging technology which is taking the surgical profession by storm. However, the race to incorporate and acquire this emerging technology has primarily been driven by the market.
- Track 11-1Robotic Thoracic Surgery
- Track 11-2Removal of cardiac tumors
- Track 11-3Robotically assisted heart surgeries
- Track 11-4Robotic oesophageal surgery
The objective of the Sports Cardiology is to work with the athletes along the spectrum recreational exercisers, professional athletes to weekend warriors to help them achieve these goals. The management of an athlete requires a concerted collaboration among physicians, nurses, physical educators, nutritionists, coaches, exercise physiologists, and psychologists.
- Track 13-1Cardiac Care
- Track 13-2Cardiac Clinical Research
- Track 13-3Sports cardiologists
- Track 13-4Cardiovascular physicians
- Track 13-5Sudden cardiac death in sports
- Track 13-6Improving ECG interpretation in athletes
- Track 13-7Cardiac Catheterization
- Track 13-8Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Track 13-9Cardiac Rhythm Disorders
Treatment is the care which was given by the physician or practitioner to a patient for illness or injury.
- Track 14-1Heart Disease Drugs
- Track 14-2Traditional Chinese medical treatment
- Track 14-3Herbal Medicine
- Track 14-4Ayurvedic Medicine
- Track 14-5Homeopathic Treatment
- Track 14-6Traditional Medicine
- Track 14-7Allopathic Medicine
Diabetes is the disease in which the bodys ability to respond to the hormone insulin is impaired, resulting the increase in the levels of glucose in the blood and urine.The potential for diabetes itself is a risk factor for stroke. Obesity is the condition where excess body fat is accumulated to the extent that may have a negative impact on health. High cholesterol, high blood pressure, and smoking are major risk factors for stroke
- Track 15-1High Blood Pressure
- Track 15-2Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes
- Track 15-3High cholesterol
- Track 15-4Hypertension
- Track 15-5Heart Stroke
Anesthesia can control the pain during surgery and can also control your heart rate, rhythm, breathing, blood pressure and blood flow. Patients under anesthesia must undergo continuous monitoring to ensure safety. Patients are transferred to an Intensive care unit (ICU) from an emergency department if required or immediately after the surgery if surgery is invasive and the patient is at high risk of complications.
- Track 16-1Adult anaesthesia and Intensive Care
- Track 16-2Paediatric anaesthesia and Intensive Care
- Track 16-3Cardiothoracic anaesthesiology
- Track 16-4Echocardiography (TTE and TEE)
- Track 16-5Cardio-pulmonary Bypass
- Track 16-6Role of cardiothoracic anaesthesiologists in non-cardiac surgery
Hypertension can also be called as high blood pressure. It can severely impact the quality of life & increases the risk of heart disease, stroke and death. Hypertension has no symptoms. If untreated, it may cause heart disease and stroke. High blood pressure which is not caused by any condition or disease is called primary hypertension. If it occurs as a result of any other condition is called as secondary hypertension
- Track 17-1Renal Hypertension
- Track 17-2Pulmonary Hypertension
- Track 17-3Hypertension & Stroke
- Track 17-4Diet and Lifestyle in Hypertension Management
- Track 17-5Causative Factors and Risk Assessment
Cardiovascular and thoracic surgery provide personalized treatment for the conditions of heart, vascular system and thoracic region. Microsurgical Instruments, Titanium Micro Instruments, Thoracoscopic Foerster Clamps and etc are the instruments used in the surgery.
- Track 18-1Microsurgical Instruments
- Track 18-2Heart Devices
- Track 18-3Peripheral Vascular, Aorta and Anastomosis Clamps
- Track 18-4Vascular Clips and Bulldog Clamps
- Track 18-5Electro surgery
- Track 18-6Rib and Sternum Retractors
- Track 18-7Paediatric Instruments
- Track 18-8Titanium Instruments
- Track 18-9Endoscopy
Nursing is a profession in which the health care is focused on the care of individuals and families to maintain health and quality of the life. Cardiac Surgery Essentials for Critical Care Nursing which is the new resource available for the nurses who care for Heart surgery patients. To improve the health of patients, nurses should understand the management of patients with stroke including potential complications, and rehabilitation after the stroke.
- Track 19-1Cardiovascular risk assessment
- Track 19-2Diabetes, metabolic syndromes
- Track 19-3Physical activity and sports cardiology
- Track 19-4Nursing and primary care / Allied health professionals
- Track 19-5Prevention and rehabilitation
- Track 19-6Cardiovascular care of older people
- Track 19-7The Cardiothoracic ICU
- Track 19-8Common Critical Care Issues after Thoracic Surgery
- Track 19-9Cardiac Diagnostic & Tests
Epidemiology is the study of the causes, statistics and health effects of disease conditions in a particular population. Epidemiology shapes policy decisions and proof-based actions through identification of risk factors for disease and targets for preventive health. Epidemiology helps to develop methodology to be used in clinical research studies, and, to a lesser extent, basic research in the biological sciences. Epidemiological studies involve an introduction, entire historical background, surveillance data sources, laboratory diagnosis, the biological characteristics of the organism, mechanisms and routes of transmission, pathogenesis and immunity, host response, and finally prevention, control and treatment. Emerging molecular methods are vast for future efforts. Traditional case control and cohort studies will be needed to define the action of such pathogens in disease causality.